Sunday, June 27, 2010

This letter was address to Elder Paulson's father at the passing of his brother Reed Norton Paulson on June 16, 2010, he will be greatly missed in our lives!

June 21, 2010

Buenas Tardes mi Padre,

Say hello to another Monday, and a Monday I kinda wasn't looking forward to knowing the news that was waiting for me. First I hope your doing alright dad, this is not something that someone looks forward to hearing when he is so far from home. I have been thinking alot about you guys this week. I got a call from President Flores on Friday afternoon, I had no idea what he could be calling me for, but when he told me it hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm going to miss my Uncle Reed, I don't have very many uncles.....I guess I'm down to one now. And I'm kinda bummed out that I didn't take those last few chances to go sailing with him... I'm going to miss that.

In this past few days I have found comfort in the words of Pres. Hinkley, he wrote a poem about death, you might have read it before but I would like to share it with you. It goes something like this....

"What is this thing that men call death,
This quiet passing in the night?
´Tis not end, but genesis
Of better worlds and greater light.

O God, touch thou my aching heart,
and calm my troubled, haunting fears.
Let hope and faith, transcendent, pure,
Give strength and peace beyond my tears.

There is no death, but only change
With recompense for vict'ry won.
The gift of him who loved all men,
The Son of God, the Holy One".

I hope that this brings the same comfort it has brought to me.

Well other things from this week, that family has a baptismal date for next week and they are getting married this week. As for paying for stuff, we might get most of it for free, a member has connections so we are going to see what we can do, and it's not that we need a marriage license, it's other things, Honduras is weird!!! Also this week we found two new families to teach. So I was pretty stoked for that. We have been contacting a lot. We have interviews tomorrow with the Presidante, I'm looking forward to those.

I have been keeping it a goal to write in my journal every night. Before I hardly wrote in it at all!! But I'm getting better. Also I have been working on studying Spanish a lot more!!!!! You know how well I pick things up like that. I wanted to ask you when was the last time you saw your scriptures from your mission, or read your French scriptures. You should get those out and read them.

Don't worry I hear about the Honduran soccer team everyday, they lost today too! hahahaha! We get to play sometimes on p-days but I don't really like it that much!

Well dad, I'm out of time. I love you, thanks for everything dad!

Love your son,
Elder Paulson

No comments:

Post a Comment