Sunday, June 27, 2010

June 1, 2010

Hola,

Okay so first I'll tell you where I'm at. I got transferred to an area called La Villa de San Antonio, its this little, little pueblo (village) in the middle of the Comyagua Valley. It's so small, smaller then my first area I was in. I'm here with Elder Lopez from Peru, and I'll be his last comp in the mission. So that makes a total of 3 comps that I have "killed" (that means that I'm their last comp) so far and that's a lot I guess, most people only kill one their whole mission. I don't know why I have been called to be the undertaker of the missionaries, but he's an awesome missionary, he works hard and I get along with him really well! So ya that's where I'm at right now.

So for the storm, where I'm at it's just raining a lot, a lot! It's been raining for almost 5 days straight! But in the city there's been flooding and all the rivers are overflowing, there are places where it has flooded up to the second levels of buildings. In my last area I had to cross a bridge to get back in the city and right now that bridge is closed so I don't know what the elders are doing in that area! and all the members. Last I heard is that it was close to breaking.... so ya I don't know what's going on there! But don't worry I'm fine, I actually like the rain because it means that there's no scorching hot sun! Which I keep hearing about here, is how hot it is here!

So my 3rd day here we put a baptismal date with an investigator, we hadn't even planned to put one but in the middle of the lesson I felt a really strong impression to put a date with her, and she accepted. It was an awesome experience. So let me tell you guys about the branch here, this Sunday we had a WHOPPING 35 in attendance and me and my comp had to pass the sacrament! hahahaha But we have had a lot of help from members and when teaching they go a lot with us to appointments. My comp said the attendance was so low because no one wanted to walk in the rain.... talk about a bunch of sissys!!! He said the attendance is normally like 90-95 so we will see this next week. I don't know if I told you guys but Elder Don Clark of the area presidency came and visited us, it was awesome and he talked on a lot of good points! He really helped me out alot!

So let me say something about changes, I like them and I don't like them, I like them because I get to know new places and new people and it's kind of a new start in the work with a fresh area that I have never been in. But I don't like them because they make me homesick for some reason.....I don't know why but for like the first 4 days of the change I'm really homesick and it's really hard and bums me out!!! But usually Monday i'ts gone!!! So now I'm good, but just wanted to tell you guys that I really thought about you guys a lot this week and missed you! I have yet to receive my package but that might be because I have been moved out of the city! So I hope I'll get it soon. I got an email from Jaxon today and he got his mission call and he's going to Thailand, Bangkok mission, you guys will have to go to his farewell. A little jealous but I'm here and I'm over it, hahahaha! Also got an email from Parker Miller who is on his mission in San Jose, California, and his comp is a poly from New Zealand, hahahaha again a little jealous.

Well that's all I got for you guys this week, thanks for everything, I love you all very much. Hope all is well, thanks mom for every thing! I love you.

Love your son, Elder Paulson

No comments:

Post a Comment