Sunday, April 18, 2010

¡¡¡¡HOLA!!!! April 5, 2010

Alright so another week down, I didn't even realize it was Easter till Saturday and one of the other gringo elders told me about it, here they celebrate the whole last week of Christ's life its called Semana Santa ( Holy Week ) and it's pretty much lets just be lazy week and go to the beach week........ on the first day they sell palm braches in rememberance of when Christ entered in to Jerusalem and all the people followed him holding palm branches, and here ever one ties them to their car and on the bus, then after that they don't really do anything else, except cook this horrible fish soup made from old sundried fish...... =b and then on thursday ever one goes to the beach. They called in the army to patrol around and make sure no one is going crazy and they have all these road blocks, and no one can enter the capital after 8 o'clock at night, so its pretty crazy, I did get to watch confrence in ENGLISH!!!!! There are white people in my stake and so they rigged us up a t.v. in our one little room so we could watch it inEnglish! I have never been so excited for conference as I have been this time! I took 10 pages of notes and watched all 4 sessions and priesthood session too!!!! I loved Pres. Packers talk, and I loved them all, it seems the focas was on the family this conference, did dad go the priesthood alone?

So right now we have 6 baptismal dates 1 for this week and 5 others in 2 more weeks, I am really excited, one of them is the sister of the girl that I first baptized when I first got here. So there is this way awesome family here that feeds us on Wednesdays but I have been feeding them more, they love me to cook for them and they always ask me to cook for them and what am I going to cook next and etc...... and I love it. I feel so good when I cook!Ii have been talking to Kaelen and we have been talking about the restaurant business, we are super excited to start that when we gat back! But i really want to play rugby when I get back too, mom if you can look for schools that have culinary programs and rugby teams that would help a lot, I really want to go to Cal Berkley..... I dont know I have so many things going on in my head about this stuff! But dont worry I am wholy and heartfully commited to my work here, that's one of the things I love about here is I know exactly what I'm supossed to be doing and how to do it !I have felt a surge of the spirit helping me this week and I love it.Well that's all I have, I love you all and thanks for the emails I received, Thanks for everything mom! I feel like one of the stripling warriors when they talked about there mothers. I love you all!
love elder spencer f. paulson

No comments:

Post a Comment