Sunday, October 10, 2010

CONFERENCE, AMAZING!

October 4, 2010

Alrighty family...
Well I have to say that this has been an excellent week for us! The best being CONFERENCE!!!!! I have been waiting for conference since April! We got to watch all sessions, and I got to watch them in English. It was sweet, all of the Gringo missionaries together in our own room watching conference, loved it! and yes mother I took notes again!!! =) I don't know how I couldn't, every talk was amazing and they all touched on awesome points!!! We also had investigators at a few of the sessions, it was like throwing a spiritual hand grenade into their lives, they had no idea what to do!!!!!! =D one of them, Elmer, has a baptismal date for this weekend. He went to the priesthood session and all of the Sunday sessions, he's been progressing so fast! and he's really gaining a testimony of the church. That family we are teaching didn't come, I don't know why, I hope they are not flaking out on us....... there name is family Nuñez but we are going to go visit them tomorrow so we will see what's up.
Alright a weekly experience that I think you guys might enjoy. So we have been visiting this inactive family, they are really nice and always inviting us over to eat and recently one of the sisters moved back to Honduras from Quebec, Canada (yes, I told them that is where my dad served his mission). Anyway, they have been living there for about 8 or 9 years, and she has three kids 2 girls and a boy the oldest 18, then 12 then 8 or 9 i think? But i guess in Canada they give you a kiss on the cheek to say hello, as they do here in Honduras, so we're visiting this family and in rolls one of her daughters ,the 12 year old, but she looks like she 16 or 17, anyways she came in behind me and I stuck my hand out to shake hers, well she took my hand but then she also leaned in and gave me a big kiss on the cheek. Well we as missionaries can't do that, but it has never happened to me before and I just sat there stunned and BRIGHT BRIGHT RED!!!!! Then she went over to my comp to do the same but he stuck his hands out shouting "NO PUEDO NO PUEDO" I can't, I can't. I was still just sitting there not knowing what to do, but she ran off embarrassed. So after we left the house me and my comp just walked home laughing! So I thought that you guys would enjoy that.
Dad the rugby game sounded sweet I'm stoked we won! The guys look like they need a lot of practice though, just from those pics I could tell what they need! But they'll get it! The weather here really has gotten a lot better, we're getting in to that cooler season, it feels like the beach in California, really I love it. Mom I'm sorry about the money thing I wasn't going to use that money at all but our mission cards weren't working so I had to use the money from home to feed me and my comp for like 3 days.
Well I love you guys. That's all I got for now. I hope all is well, I hope to hear from a FEW more people next week...... thanks for every thing. TE AMO MUCHO.
Elder Paulson

No comments:

Post a Comment