Sunday, August 1, 2010

July 26, 2010

Hola!

Well mom I know that I didn't send an email last week......and I'm very sorry, there was a problem with the internet and it was just making me very mad!!!! But now I'm writting you so don't worry. But I didn't get an email from you I just got dads email today and that was it and that letter you forwarded me from chance.

So this week we had a pretty good week we have seen a lot of progression with our investigators. The Family Flores is still doing better, but we are worried about baptising the mom because she works on Sundays and so that means she wouldn't be able to go to church, so then she would not be fulfilling her baptismal covenant. But we are going to see what we can do, we're going to talk with her verly clearly about this. We put a baptismal date also this last week with one of our investigators his name is juan Bonilla and he accepted, so we are going to be working with him a lot but its kinda hard to work with him becuase his whole family are die hard Catholics so there's really no help from there. Now this investigator I'm going to tell you about has a problem I thought I would never find here in catholic country Honduras..... she doesn't believe in Jesus Christ..... her name is Kenya. She belongs to a religion called Bahii or somthing like that, but ya they don't believe in Christ so all we are teaching is Christ, Christ, Christ and more Christ and it's working she's coming to church and she wants to have the lessons. So were really working hard with her!.

Well this week I had quite a cool spiritual experience with the Book of Mormon. Presidante Flores challanged us in June to read the Book of Mormon in three months and I have been rockin.... I'm just getting done with 3rd Nephi. but i was reading in Helaman15:12-13,16 and while i was reading these three verses i had a very strong confirmation from the spirit of the importance of my calling to Central America to serve among the descendants of the Lamanites and to complete the promise of the Lord to them. The reason that was such a amazing experience for me was because I was having some doubts about if this is really where I'm supposed to be, because you guys know that I wanted to go to Samoa or Tonga, but after this experience I know I'm supposed to be here.

Well since I didn't get any questions from you guys that's all I really got for this week then. I love you guys thanks for every thing. I hope to hear from more of you guys next week........?????

Love, Elder Paulson

No comments:

Post a Comment