Sunday, May 9, 2010

Huge Flying Things!! EEK!

Hola mi familia! April 19, 2010
(to see the huge flying things click on the You Tube link)
Alright I was stoked to get your letters and read them all, it sounds like you are all doing well. As for Honduras it's been a little up and down, we had two baptisms that fell through (for reasons that had come to our attention) and had to change the dates to the 8th of May. I was super bummed about that, but we're still working with them and focusing hard to keep them focused on their goal. The rainy season has started early and without fail we get a down poor at about 2 in the afternoon and then again around 8 at night, and this isn't and wussy Utah rain, this is Central America tropical rain, its like some one is throwing a bucket on us and with all this rain comes these huge flying things!!! I'm not lying they are huge!!! and there all over the place. But along with the rain everything has turned from poop brown to electric green and I love it! It also washes all the garbage and dead things out of the streets! This week we went as a zone and gave service to some members in the area were the sisters work and made stairs for them, it was about a 4 missionary job and there were 14 of us, so it looked a lot like California road construction, but I loved it, we always turn service into a good time. This week on Wednesday we're going to this pueblo called Ojojona (Ohohona for you people that speak English) and making adobe ( that mud stuff they use to make houses out of) for some investigators and I'm super stoked for that! On the first of May we are going to have an activity "pioneer day" the members here know nothing about the history of the church, so me and the other gringo elder are working to fix that problem. Now mom you always ask what you can do to help....well could you send any information, photos, recipes, anything that you can find that we used on trek, and send it to me next week and also send it to this address salofonmai@gmail.com it's one of the counselors in the ward here, his wife knows English, but anything you can send would be awesome, especially pictures of trek that would be awesome!
Thanks a lot mom for taking care of that money thing, I'm working on being better with my money here, it has proved to be kinda of a problem for me you know how I am, but don't worry it's nothing huge like I don't have food, I just need to learn to manage my money better, as for the facebook thing whatever you feel is good is good for me. Concerning my birthday I need shirts preferably long sleeve shirts I have plenty of short sleeve ones, but my one long sleeved one is not looking so good and also stuff to make musibi!!! spam and seaweed paper and what ever else you would like to send but those things would be awesome! I'm working on getting a letter out of here to you guys soon this week I will get them off. Yes letters from you guys would be awesome I love getting pouch!! n One more thing could you and dad write a letter about how you guys have been able to have such a good marriage for all this time and have dads work buddy translate them and then send them to me and also send the originals in English, we have some less active members who need some help with that!
That was awesome that Max finally gave his first talk, I hope he wasn't too nervous. I have to give one this coming Sunday about how members give references and why we need their help. So I've been working on that. Well I hope all is well for you all, I love you all ¡todos de ustedes son serca a mi corazon! my speaking in Spanish is about as good as it is in English, well i know that it wasn't much but I love you all and thanks for every thing and your support!
Love Elder Paulson

No comments:

Post a Comment