Sunday, May 9, 2010

Pioneer Day Celebration!




















Hola Mi Familia May 3, 2010
Well look at that another freaken week gone by, the time here goes by so fast!! I hope this letter finds you all in good spirits and health. This has been an up and done week for me. We had to drop our investigators with baptismal dates because they wouldnt come to church and we have been teaching them for almost 3 months, so we finally decide to get rid of them. We have spent most of the week trying to find new positive people to teach. but our area is so small that we have pretty much contacted the whole place since I have been here, but I keep putting faith in the lord that he will guide us to those who are ready. The pioneer day was awesome, the bishop said it was the best activity they have had ever!!! Im sending some pictures from it. we had a tug-a-war and stick pull and sack races and also that game where you make a tower out of flour and try to push the coin off the top of it with your nose, that was pretty funny to watch them do. Then at the end we had a fire and a testimony meeting. and we had corn on the cob to eat, every one seemed to love it.
So this week it still has been rainning, last night it rainned all night and didn't stop till this morning. We went and gave service this week and helped a man carry wood down from a mountain, I probably carried 300 pounds of wood down from that mountain, you should have seen how happy he was when he saw me coming, hahahaha! It has now started to get hotter and hotter and now I am constantly sweating, and that is taking a heavy toll on my shirts. Also I have completely worn flat the bottoms of my shoes and from walking on our half rock half dirt roads the rocks have managed to cut a hole in the bottoms of one pair of my shoes. But I'm still truckin along and just doing work and what I know the Lord wants me to do, also this week we went and helped a family dig a latrin, its been a on going project and with all this rain the hole filled up with water, so when we went to help them this week we were not only digging out dirt but also toads!!!! The hole was filled with them!!!
Well mom I think that it would just be easier if you just put money in my account and I could buy the shirts here, there is a mall about an hour and a half away from our area and I can just go there and buy them and that way you can put more things in the package. This last Sunday I shared my testimony, I have shared my testimony here in Spanish more that I did back home in English, weird!"!!!. This last Sunday also we talked about emergency preparation, and how the last days are coming close and that we need to be ready, and with this I hope you guys have really put an effort into our food storage and emergency supplies. I think about not being there if somthing like an earthquake happened and worrying about you guys.... so make me not worry and start getting ready, its something the first presidencie has taught and that means it's something the Lord wants.
Well my family I love you all, thanks for your support and your prayers, I hope all is well for you all! You all are always in my prayers.
Love Elder Spencer F. Paulson

No comments:

Post a Comment