Sunday, May 9, 2010

We Love Service!





Buenas dias, April 26, 2010
Okay, so this week first mom, thanks for all the trek stuff!!! Those pictures and all that stuff were perfect! They really don't know anything about this part of the church here so were working on making that better!!! I'll see what i can work out with those recipes, we have some of those things here, its really just hit and miss sometimes, they have what you need and sometimes no.
So for this last week it was alright, we really have been focusing on our investigators that have baptismal dates, and so a lot of our other stuff has kinda not been so good and to top it all of we had to drop 2 of our dates because the people didn't come to church! I know that we just need to keep working with them and just put our trust in the Lord! But we still have one of our dates for this coming weekend! So I'm super stoked for that! She's the sister of my first convert, and she has really grown a lot in the gospel, her mom is a Jehovas witness and we were talking to her the other day and she wasn't arguing with us on a lot of things and our girl with the date was teaching her more than we were, it is awesome to see people grow and put more faith in the Lord.
So there's been a guy going around where we work passing out papers about how our religion is false! So that's been a lot of help for us! Most of what he says about Joseph Smith and all that stuff, but I'm hoping we run into him one day.....but ya. So it's still crazy raining here only this past 2 days it hasn't, but it looks like were going to get some more today. Yesterday I gave a talk in church, I talked about how the members are missionarys too and how they can help us with references! I hope I kinda woke them up and brought them to reality because they really don't do anything around here to help, there is a couple of members that are really good at helping us but for the most part no!

So those bugs I was telling you about are called Zonpopos de mayo there like huge ants with wings! They like the rain. So also this week we went and did service in this pueblo called ojojona (ohohona), it was awesome we helped this guys thats 51 years old make adobe and split rocks, this guy is 51 but has the body of a 30 year old thats worked on a farm his whole life!
So just a few things I was wondering, when I got here in this area you said you were going to send and envelope.... did you ever get a chance to send it just wondering? And also the last newsletter from Rachelle I never got that i don't know if you sent that or not ether, just wondering about those few things.
Well I guess that's all for now I love you guys, hope all is well for you!
Love, Elder Spencer F. Paulson

No comments:

Post a Comment