Sunday, November 14, 2010

October 18, 2010

Alright family!!!
So first off, it's awesome to see Andrew, thanks for the pictures mom! I can't wait to hear from him. I was thinking about sending him a letter but it might be easier now just to email. If you see him again give him a bro hug for me!!!! I haven't heard from the Mondragons for a little while, I sent them a letter like.... 2 weeks ago, but it does take awhile to get there. Sorry about the short letter last week, but we have to write president and sometimes I have to tell him a lot of things. But I'll work hard on not sending short ones anymore. Dad, the team is looking really good!!! Tell the guys what's up for me. Do you go to practice every day with them? I can't wait to get back and get going with them again! But I'm kinda really out of shape we don't really get much time to work out or do anything like that, some times we play soccer on p-day but other than that not really anything else......
Alright so for what's happening here in Honduras, well first things first, I thought you guys would like to know that we haven't had electricity for a week.....why you ask? We didn't pay our power bill on time hahaha but it's not like the states where you just send it in the mail or over the internet, you have to find a bank that you can pay at and where we live there's not really any banks.... but we paid it we just have to find someone now to come reconnect the wires ( they just cut the wires here to shut your power off) but really for me it's not that bad, we're never in the house for much time, we just need a way of refridgeration and some way to cook and we would be good and we wouldn't need to have any electricity at all !!!! but my comp wants light so I guess we will get it fixed but don't worry the members feed us here, they are all really awesome...... So I have figured something out, Hondurans don't do well with rapid weather changes, the weather has turned coolish here and they just can't handle it. Everyone is getting sick, and as for me well I am just fine hahaha! They all have like big winter coats on and I'm here in my short sleeves, and they all ask me "aren't you cooled" i just say "no" and laugh. My comp has been a little bit under the weather thanks to this, but he's getting better.
Alright so for the missionary work this weekend we will have 5 baptisms!!!!!!! 1 family, Family Lopez Nuñez and we're completing 2 other families. We really have been blessed. I feel we are working hard, but then I remember that i only have 10 months left and I feel like I'm not working hard enough and I should be doing so much better. But this week we are really working hard with these people that have baptismal dates for this weekend. This week when we were visiting the Fam. Lopez Nuñez we were teaching the word of wisdom and the law of chastity, well when we were teaching the law of chastity the sister said something that made me and my comp laugh super hard. She said "Dios quire que obedicemos la ley de castidad, pero..... es bien rico!!!!" (god wants us to obey the law of chastity, but is soooo good!!!!) hahahaha she was joking around but it still was funny. This family is really awesome!!! I have truly enjoyed teaching them and when the time comes it will be that much better to see them baptized!!!! So for the first week of November the stake were in will be spliting, and will be creating a new stake, and word on the street is that Elder Ballad is coming!!! That would be so sick!!!!! We don't have any callings in the ward it's really a pretty big ward, just a question what's the attendance for our ward on sundays, if you could get that for me mom I would really appreciate it.
Alright one last thing, as you guys think about Christmas I just need to say that I'm falling out of my pants..... I have pretty much worn holes in the crouch of my pants. I can get that lady that made my suit to make me some pants and there not really that expensive. But it's just something I thought you guys could consider.
Well my family, I love you all and I thank you for your sacrifices and your love. Even when some of you find it difficult to write me. I still love you. TE AMO MUCHO)¨!!!!!! and thanks mom for the money, I truly appreciate it.

Love, Elder Paulson

No comments:

Post a Comment