Sunday, November 14, 2010

November 1, 2010

Family,
First off I have to tell you all I'm sorry, sorry for the short letters that I sometimes send, (like 3 times in the whole mission). I try I really try but I have only 1 hour!!!! to write all of you and my mission Presidente and I have been told I have to write him first. I dont do it for a lack of love for you all, you all know how much I love you, there should be no question about that, but I'm trying to really make the best out of the time I have here and part of that requires that I am obedient to the rules of the mission. Now I don't want you all after reading this part of my letter to think " WOW what's happened to Spencer!?!?!?!, he's gone all crazy missionary on us!", that's not the case, I'm just trying to get you guys to see it from my perspective. And now I don't want you to think that you have to write me shorter emails, I have one hour a week to know whats going on in your lives and whats happening back home and trust me I really need to hear these things, I need this 1 hour to be the most informational hour of the week. Alright I'm done with this part now I just hope you can understand.
So sounds like it was a really good week for the sports back home, nice job Max keep it up! And Dad I was really worrying how the game would turn out against UVU but I guess there was no need to. but who is ranked 23rd in the nation SLCC or UVU? Well I have to say I'm a little ashamed to hear how Halloween went, not even a pumpkin carved in my home!? I tried to get some pumpkin carving going on here but we couldn't find any pumpkins, I thought about using a watermelon but it just wouldnt be the same. Today in Honduras is Dia de los muertos (day of the dead) but all they do is go to the graves of their dead family members and clean their tombs, that's all realy.
Well we had another successful week we and another baptism this weekend, just one but the guy gave a talk in church this Sunday as a member and it seemed like he had been in the church for years, he wants to serve a mission so I was stoked to hear that. Also we are teaching this awesome family that is really just eating up the gospel they really are just a family of gold!!!! This week we put a baptismal date for the 13th of November 3 days after transfers I really don't want to leave this area! We also have another family that this Sunday at church they asked what they had to do to get baptized, were working on getting them married right now. The Lord really is blessing us I don't know what we have been doing but it's working, I think that it's just that we're putting more trust in him.
So some updates on what's going on in Honduras.... well not much has changed it's about the same.... but the weather has gottin a little bit hotter and dryer but everyone still thinks its cold. This month the mission had 120 baptisms, but we're still a lot behind to complete our goal for the year of 1600. So we're just going to have to step it up!!! So like I said last week we had the baptisms, 4 in total it really was awesome they truly had big changes in their lives, men that had been drinking and smoking since they were 6 years old, and lots and lots of other things and now this next sunday they will be receiving the melquezidek priesthood! It's amazing the changes the gospel can make in someones life.
Hey mom give grandma and grandpa a hug for me and a kiss, I'll write them a note and the end here. I thought of something for the Christmas package a musibi maker, I think you could find them at the Hawaiian store in West Valley I think that is were it's at, or you could just ask the guys at Lanikai. and if you could send more songs of Israel Kamakulai, the guy that sings Over the Rainbow. You could just put them on a USB flash dirve.
Well thats all I have for now, I hope I wrote enough for you guys, thanks for every thing you all, I love you all, Te amo mucho.
Elder Paulson
Grandma and Grandpa
How are you guys, thanks so much for the money, you guys don't have to give so much! I really miss you guys, I told mom to give you a kiss and a hug for me. We really are having alot of success here. I love being a missionary it makes me sad sometimes that I have so little time left. But I'll be glad to see you guys. I love you!!
Love Elder Paulson

No comments:

Post a Comment